This is our family’s local activity guide for Plymouth and surrounding areas. We are always seeking affordable and fun activities for our two toddlers and the whole family, and Plymouth is just the place! The guide features kid-friendly activities, events, places to visit and things to do that my family actually frequent and enjoy. Most activities are free, and if applicable, all supplies are included.
Contact us for any questions or inquiries. We’d be happy to help!
Home Depot Kids Workshop: Bring the kids to build their own wooden masterpiece. Schedule and registration are available online but I usually just show up (Workshop Captain is cool with it because he’s a cool dude). All supplies are included.
- Who: Recommended for ages 5 and up
- When: Every first Saturday of the month, 9am-12pm
- Where: At your local Home Depot store, usually by the lighting department
Michaels Slime Bar: I have brought my own kids, neighbors’ kids and friends’ kids here, they always enjoy and love customizing their own slime masterpiece. Bonus, they get to take them home in a little baggy. Each session has a different theme which usually match the current season. Schedule and registration are available online but I usually just show up. All supplies are included.
- Who: Recommended for ages 3 and up
- When: Monthly (sometimes weekly in the summer)
- Where: At your local Michaels Arts and Crafts store, in the craft room
Plymouth Public Library (PPL): We have the best library! The children’s room have plenty of books to read and borrow, and things to do. Their calendar is always full of scheduled activities for all ages.
- Who: All ages
- When: Check online for their hours and events
- Where: (Main Branch) 132 South Street or (Manomet Branch) 12 Strand Avenue Plymouth MA 02360
Plymouth Sheriff’s Farm: This is a hidden gem located near downtown but far away enough from the busyness of Main and Water St. We visit the farm all seasons and all year long. The farm has plenty of animals for kids to check out and goats to feed, and flowers and shrubs to admire. The farm also holds free events like spring and fall festivals, wildlife demonstrations, touch-a-truck, and more. They also sell pumpkins and gourds in the fall, and Christmas Trees and wreaths in the winter at very reasonable prices. Please note that there are much less animals residing at the farm in the winter time.
- Who: All ages
- When: Daily, 8am-2pm, call ahead at 508-830-6810
- Where: 74 Obery Street Plymouth MA 02360